Wednesday, August 19, 2009

life isnt what its cracked up to be!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
i remember that day so clearly. its a frequent thought in my mind, always racing at the speed of light. it kills me inside, i just want to forget.

it started just as any other day, april 14, 2006. i wake up, i eat breakfast, i await to hear from him. today was the day. it was suppose to be the happiest day of my life. after a couple hours though i didnt hear from him. i assumed that something had just come up. that i would just hear from him later on. but never was i ready for what was later on to come.

christofer called in complete panic. he wouldnt tell me what was going on. he just said,"grab a jacket, vans, and your backpack, and meet me outside. i'll be there in like two seconds." i do just that and meet him outside. he shows up to minutes later and i get in the car. i ask whats going on, there is no answer. so i just sit and wait as he speeds down the road. an hour goes by of sitting in the car, complete silence. then next thing i know we are pulling into halifax hospital. thats when i start freaking out. i demand to know whats going on. why are we here. still no reply. he rushes out of the car and walks towards the enterance. i get out of the car grab my jacket and bag. then i stop after getting out of the car and i yell to him. "CHRISTOFER, JUST STOP FOR ONE SECOND AND TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!" he does because he didnt need me yelling. he turns around rubs his mouth then walks back to me. he bends down eye level to me and grabs my arms. he looks at me and i know its bad. i didnt even know what to expect. he says the one thing i didnt want him to say. "jaimie, its jacob." my eyes swell up instantly. then the tears start pouring down my face. he rubs the tears off my cheek with his jacket sleeve. i stop crying and ask "what about jacob?" his response, "hes been in a really bad car accident. we need to get inside right now." before we go i say to him just promise me everything is going to be alright. that nothing bad is going to happen. he says nothing, grabs my hand and leads me to the door. we go straight to the elevator, its all silent again. so many thoughts are rushing through my head. we get up to his floor and everyone is waiting in the lobby. i ask has anyone seen him yet. does anyone know how hes doing. Alec responds, "he doesnt want to see anyone, but you." i was like okay. i go to the door. i hesitate to open it then look behind my shoulder. chris nods to go in. when i get in the room i shut the door behind me. i see Jacob just laying there in the hospital bed. he was hooked up to all these machines. i so badly just wanted to run up to him but my legs just werent moving. he opens his eyes and sees me. he tells me to come closer. i walk like two steps closer. i was so scared. he was like no silly, come over here. so i smiled because it seemed that everytime he spoke it just gave me butterflies. i go up next to the bed and grab his hand. he sqweezes it. i sqweeze back. he scooted over and then i knew he wanted me to lay next to him. i take my backpack off and climb up on the bed. he puts his arm around me and just holds me. he whispers in my ear, "i love you!" and i knew he actually meant it. i smile and whisper it back. then i asked the one question i was dying to know. i just wanted to know that everything was going to be alright. i whispered to him, "please jacob jsut tell me everything is going to be alright." once again i get no response to that particular question. he just holds me tight and i play with the hospital band on his arm. four hours goes by before i heard another word from him. i didnt bother looking back the whole time he was holding me because i knew i would just cry. a doctor comes in and jacob whispers in my ear once more. "its time babygirl." im wondering to myself what he means by that. he says,"but i have you know that one day we will spend eternity together. and i promise that with all my aching heart that i have left that i will never leave you. don't worry i will be watching over you. i truely always did love you. and cheer up dont cry just promise to dream about me tonight." i turn to him, tears rolling down my face. "i promise you, i will dream about you tonight. i will dream about you everynight. i love you boobear." he smiles and kisses me. then responds, "goodbye.......babygirl" i cry and watch as jacob looks at the doctor and nods. she turns the switch and hes gone. i put my hand over his eyes and close them. i just lay there and cry and hold his arm. an hour goes by until i go out into the lobby. i go out with my head down and my backpack in my hand. i look up, drop my backpack, and run up to christofer sobbing in his jacket. he knew by the way i reacted that jacob was gone. he just holds me and says everything is going to be alright promise. alec, nick, and stefan walk up and hold us and put there arms on our shoulders.

the day that was suppose to be the happiest day of my life turned out to be the saddest. and it hurts looking back on it. i lost the love of my life due to a car accident which triggered a heart defect. i miss jacob everyday but the only thing i can do is grow from this tragedy. and thats just what i have done.

RIP Dominic Jacob Hubble.
August 1, 1989 to April 14, 2006


jaimieJUSTIFIED

1 comment:

Yasmine Azzman said...

Hi. I was just looking around youtube and came across a video 'In memory of Jacob'. and i searched for his name on google to find out what happened to him. Im so sorry for your loss. I hope youre ok. I cried while I read this...Im sure i know how it felt like loosing someone you love. Be strong. He'll be watching from a better place.

Much love,
Yasmine Azzman xx